Mellkoh

Mellkoh

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry - Rachel Joyce Sometimes, a spur of the moment idea can lead us on journeys that are so unimaginable, it's hard not to believe in divine intervention. This book is about just such a journey.

Harold, a shy, quiet mouse of a man gets a letter from Queenie, a woman from his past. She has written to say good-bye, as she's in the final stages of cancer. Harold writes back and heads to the mail box to post the letter, and just keeps walking, to go and see Queenie 500 miles away. Harold figures this will give Queenie the faith and strength to stay alive, at least until he arrives. Maureen, Harold's bitter, seemingly angry wife is stunned to find out that Harold has abandoned her. She just can't believe he's done this to her.

Harold's journey becomes a catalyst for change in both Harold and Maureen. There are times of sadness and times of joy. All in all though, this is a story of reflection and self-discovery, which I thoroughly enjoyed!! I highly recommend the read!